2/05/2015

Day83 Upper Riccarton to Cathedral Square(Christchurch)




Here comes the day of the Final Run.

That’s what I have long been waiting for.

2800km in 83 days is not a big job but in this country riding the same distance on bicycle is not that easy.

Running across the Nullarbor Plain is absolutely hard but it is because of boringness of the landscape and shortage of food.

This time I had to skip the route I had planned. But maybe the next time I’m going to run along the west coast.

I love New Zealand because people are nice, the climate is moderate, the distance between towns is not that far and public safety is so far so good.

In total New Zealand has become one of my favorite countries.

I’ve come to New Zealand for the first time in 20 years but most of Kiwis are nice and friendly.

I checked out backpackers hostel at 10am and had been waiting for the time the final run started.


Until then I cleaned up VIENTO the buggy. It was totally covered with sand dust because of the sand storm yesterday.






Before 2pm, Mr.Hayasaka plus his two daughters, Mr.Yuge came and joined me.

Two cyclists (Annika and Nigel) were also with us.

Left Upper Riccarton for the goal about 2:30pm.

We followed Riccarton Road to Hagley Park.

Another cyclist Roy joined us there.

Some kids near the goal too.

We ran wishing for world peace.

Then Cathedral came into our eyes, which partly had been broken down on February 22, 2011 just before 3.11 Earthquake in Japan.


At 4:05pm I finished my run at Cathedral Square after running 2800km in 83 days.

People who had been waiting for me and also people who ran with me made big smiles.

I also finished my run with the biggest smile.

Funny how time flies! 83 days was all happy time to me.

Thanks my friends for sharing happy moments.


Congrats Party started at 7pm.



*Distance Today: 8.57km

*Total Distance from Auckland: 2796.58km

*See More Photos

No comments:

Post a Comment